Monday, August 13, 2007

Gotta go back in time

I love Back to the future. I bought the box-set the other day. Cruising around in the 50’s? a blast. So the other night, I asked my girlfriend to dress ‘like Sandy from Grease’, got out my Jeans, jacket and loafers, and we took a night back in time. It was so much fun, starting out at the 50’s diner Soda Rock in South Yarra. Burgers, Fries and sodas were tasty, the music was in even better taste. We were playing songs from the jukebox which had a cool little thing on the table that let us choose the songs from there. We then headed to an AMF for a little Bowling action. She nearly beat me. I still suspect she let me win. I didn’t even break 100. Close, but not there. We finished off the night at the Drive in, in Coburg, where we got to see the end of one movie, the whole of another, and then an awesome lightning storm come in across Melbourne.

It was pretty cool fun, doing the whole ‘theme date’. I did borrow the idea from a mate (Thanks Jim), but yeah, dressing up, listening to the music, and getting into something not so conventional – a pretty nice night out.

No comments: